Wednesday 21 January 2015

Ditmar nominations close alarmingly soon

Basically, there are not many days left to get your Ditmar nominations in. Normally I would do a post about all the eligible books I liked in the past year that I think are particularly worthy of being nominated. This year I don't feel like I can publicly mention any anthologies/collections/short stories because of Aurealis judging, which would normally a big part of the post. But I'll still mention some novels I enjoyed last year.

Before I get into it, here is a link for the nomination form, here are the full rules, and here is the eligibility list wiki page. Remember, the deadline for electronic nominations is 11:59pm Perth time (GMT+8), 1st of February, 2015.

I'm listing stuff below in the format you can copy straight into the nomination form. Oh, and as an exception to not listing short stories, I will mention that I had a short story published last February, on the off chance that you enjoyed it. ("Transit of Hadley", Tsana Dolichva, in Aurealis 67.)

Novels

(Links to my reviews)



Artwork/Artist


Remember, you don't have to be an art expert to have an opinion on artwork. You can nominate cover art you liked from, well, books that had Australian cover artists, or from other publications.

For example, you could nominate an Aurealis cover you like (#67 – #76 are the relevant ones) or a cover from Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine (Issues 59 – 61).

If you saw a cover or other kind of illustration that caught your eye, nominate it! If you've noticed an artist whose work you've enjoyed, nominate them (or a few of their works)!

Other fan stuff


There's Best Fan Writer for which you might consider nominating me if you like this blog, or other fan writers whose blogs/fanzines you might like, such as Nalini Haynes of Dark Matter Zine, Sean the Bookonaut or Tansy Rayner Roberts for her blog.

For Best Fan Publication in Any Medium covers a lot of things such as podcasts (personally I'm a big fan of Galactic Suburbia, Alisa Krasnostein, Alexandra Pierce, and Tansy Rayner Roberts and I've recently been listening to "Galactic Chat", Sean Wright, Helen Stubbs, David McDonald, Alexandra Pierce, Sarah Parker and Mark Webb.

Another thing which fits into the Best Fan Publication in Any Medium category is the 2014 Snapshot of Australian Speculative Fiction:

"Snapshot 2014", Tsana Dolichva, Nick Evans, Stephanie Gunn, Kathryn Linge, Elanor Matton-Johnson, David McDonald, Helen Merrick, Jason Nahrung, Ben Payne, Alex Pierce, Tansy Rayner Roberts, Helen Stubbs, Katharine Stubbs, Tehani Wessely, Sean Wright.

which was a large interview project I was a part of. The link in the nomination thing is to the index of interviews hosted on SF Signal, while the interviews were spread over the above-listed people's blogs.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous28/1/15 20:28

    I second Galactic Suburbia and the Krasnostein gang.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.